Wednesday, February 01, 2006

A Breath of Fresh Air

It was the most fascinating thing, being in a club with beaming lights, loud music, and being surrounded with other gays and lesbians. Equally intriguing were the number of fag hags who frequented the dancefloor to dance with the cute (but uninterested) gay men. But contrary to past experiences at party's and get togethers, I was not a wallflower. I had a cute guy sitting beside me, buying me drinks, introducing me to everyone who he talked to.

Where was I a month ago? I was at my wits end with many things, barely able to blog because I was so depressed, and was weary of being dealt the bad hands in this proverbial card game we call LIFE. I was the person who watched everyone else dance with boyfriends, or hold hands with someone they care about. I was the person who was sent home early, and dropped like a bad habit once my friends boyfriends became available.

Beautiful.

To be honest, if someone would've told me a month ago that I was going to meet Zachary, and that we were going to hit it off this well, I would've been as skeptical as ever. Although short, my experience with the gay community has been extremely negative (as most of you have witnessed). I hated it, and with good reason. There are too many arrogant pieces of whore shit who want nothing more than to use you and toss you aside like a worthless piece of meat. In short -- men suck, and when that is the quarry, it doesn't make things any easier.

But suddenly, there I was...poised at the bar with an amazing guy who had completely shot all my predictions of failure in the ass. He put his arm around me, and we kissed. I felt people look at us, and I was proud. His soft kiss felt so good that night. It felt different than other kisses I've recieved. It meant something more to me.

I have come a long, long, way. It's so great to be where I am right now. It's the first time I've ever been here.

He's on his way...so I better get going. I'm going to scrounge up some floppies, hopefully I'll have some pictures for you all.

Take care,

Peace and love to all.
xoxoxoxo