Thursday, March 30, 2006

My Word!

I honestly cannot believe the absolute downright ignorance of some people in regards to manners, and common courtesy.

Today, I went to a funeral of a co-worker and friend's father. As a veteran of World War II, a few of his surviving comrads had a ceremony for him, and taps was played with a single trumpet.

It was a small funeral, for a small town, probably not long forgotten man. It made me so sad.

And then, just then, one of his co-combatants cellphones rings!! What's worse, is that he picked up and said "Honey, I'm in the middle of a funeral."

For God's sake....this is no lie...his cellphone rang 5 times throughout the funeral!!

How in God's name does one go around being so damn stupid!

---

In other news, it's absolutely beautiful here in central Pennsylvania today, and we're going out to grandmas for supper.

I plan to do a little frolicking amongst the birds and animals. One word to describe my feelings: "twitterpated".