Monday, May 22, 2006

Before-Work Ramblings

I just wanted to drop in and say a few things before heading off to work.

First, thanks to those of you who have emailed me or contacted me in regard to the artwork. I haven't had a chance to sit down and respond to anyone because the past few days have been all about work, and stress!

I will get on that as soon as possible, so please don't assume I'm just ignoring you!

---

I sat underneath a black walnut tree yesterday and sketched out the branches, and seedpods that dangled like tassles from the new leaf sprouts. It was relatively chilly, and I actually got some pictures along with some good sketches of the tree "details".

I also sketched a purple flower or weed that I still haven't identified.

I feel like I'm growing so much as a wildlife illustrator. I've rediscovered my niche, and have since been pounding away at it, hoping to sculpt myself a career one day. I even reassured myself by studying the artistic growth of my idol Ned Smith. His artwork is amazing, and though he has passed, his artwork is burned into the grain of my very being. Every fiber of my body feels like it lives for nature, and capturing it for future generations.

Everything in time will always come. Someday I will be a famous artist! Mark my words.

Until then, I will be working on becoming just that.