Sunday, May 06, 2007

Jude writes: " Wow! Snakes, deer and orange lizard thingys...... you've got all kinds of animal and plantlife on this set Michael, and they're all professionally shot!"

Thanks Jude! It means a lot to hear a compliment for doing something you love to do. I'm not sure I'd say they're professional, but I definitely think I'm starting to get the hang of this camera with each use. It's so fun to bring stuff I enjoy to my blog. Cameras allow me to capture those special moments in nature that words can't really describe...and is it EVER addicting!

She also writes: I've missed you. How are you? What's happening in your life? Hugs!

I'm around, that's for sure. There's a lot going on in my life at the moment from working full time, to spending as MUCH time in the outdoors as possible. I know I've said it a hundred times, but I'm determined to find morel mushrooms if it's the last thing I do! :)

I haven't been messing with myspace or blogger very often, until this past week. In fact, April marked two years for my pro account on flickr, and I was kind of hesitant at first about paying for another year until I saw how I felt personally about sharing my life with people. A lot of things have happened to me in regards to "online people" and in the end it just worked out to be one huge turn-off. In fact, it's downright scary because certain people just can't seem to stay away. Also, for whatever reason...a lot of people quit reading my blog totally. I'll cover my theory on WHY in the next paragraph.

My purpose in blogging has completely changed in the past few months. I mean...there are only so many times anyone wants to listen to your life specifics before your readers get bored with it. So, I think I've finally found a way of mixing it up and keeping it fresh and new. With spring in full swing, I'm sure I'll be taking plenty of pictures and reporting on plenty. But yeah, in my childish way I guess I quit blogging because I had no readers. I'm still completely baffled as to why Rhonda Elizabeth put her blog on private and never even sent me an invite to read it. I mean...I commented with irregular intervals, but I did enjoy reading it. I was stupid though, and just got upset and irritated. I guess I took it as a snub. I should've just went to her and talked to her, but for some unseen reason I didn't. I just said 'screw it' and let it be. (Which I find isn't the best attitude to have anyway. It gets you nowhere.)

I'm making progress with stuff though, which is the important thing. In the past year I've changed a hell of a lot with everything, and since I have a car I feel like a new person. Freedom is great.

Strangely enough, I've yet to attempt to dip into the dating pool since I got my car. I mean, wasn't that what I constantly blamed my loneliness on? The lack of a car? Well...here I am...perfectly capable of going to bars and clubs and I simply haven't been in the mood. I guess it's because I'm in love with nature. ;)

All in all, I'm here...and I'm ok. Thanks for asking.

Love n Peace

P.S. - Thanks to KC as well for the wonderful compliments on the slideshow.