Tuesday, December 13, 2005

w00t!

The Hot Shot situation warmed up a bit today when I exchanged text with him via instant message. He ensured me that everything was fine, and said how busy he's been. The guy has a lot going on in his life right now, and so far, a second date will be made when there is time.

He left to take a friend (dont' worry -- she's a female) home, and then logged back on to tell me he had to sleep because he had an early day tomorrow again. He's been working a viciously early first shift, which explains why our communication link has been broken the past few days. It should be better toward the end of this week when he begins his mini-vacation.

In the meantime, I'm making my plans to make myself more accessable. I'm sure the fact that I'm like a prince stuck in a far tower doesn't make me any more desirable. A cell phone? A car? Both? This bullshit on the homefront needs to end, and it needs to end soon. I'm getting to the point where I'm going to put my foot down, because I'm demanding that 2006 be a better year than 2005.

To be honest, I'm thinking of getting a Nextel very soon, if money allows. (Which it probably won't!) I guess they dont' do credit checks, and while I don't have bad credit, I don't have good credit. [I simply have NO credit!]

---

I worked 2-7:30 pm today.

I had to laugh because we were "shopped" by a secret shopper and not only was the decaf coffee completely empty, but we were out of a specific deli sub roll that the secret shopper had ordered. There's two wammy's against us.

So why laugh about this? Well, there were 3 shift supervisors and an ex-assistant manager on duty. Had it been anyone else, there would've been hell to pay. But today, hell went without pay, because I was lucky enough to be off duty during the lunch rush.

The boss made me take out my earings today. It's company policy that you only wear earings with "posts" as backs. No hoops allowed.

Technically speaking, although mine are open ended hoops...the little balls on each side screw on, and are just as secure (if not more) than a post.

Thankfully, the company got rid of it's old policy on "No earings for men."

Whatever the scenario, the 5.5 hour shift drifted by rather painlessly.

Now tomorrow I work 10:30 - 4:30. I'll have to remember to take out my earings again so I don't get bitchslapped.

---

By the way, I could use some gift ideas for my friend Amanda. (Anything under $50?)

I was thinking about Amanda yesterday on my nightly walk, she really likes bringing joy to others. Seriously, I don't know that I've had a more thoughtful friend. Just thinking about how much she seems to care brought water to my eyes.

I came to work, and she had put a Christmas card in everyone's mailbox, taking the time to write this or that, little things that only that person would understand. She also called my mother, and asked her about some gift ideas she had for me.

She calls me, encourages me to vent, and we have a good time together talking about guys and work.

It's funny...because she doesn't usually get anything in return. But this Christmas I want to give her something neat. Something special.

---

Something hit me today. I need to rebuy a lot of the Def Leppard discography again. In my sad attempt to listen to Retro Active, "Fractured Love" (a favorite Leppard track of mine) skipped horribly. In fact, all the good tracks did. (Which means it skipped from start to finnish. Heh.)

I need to rebuy Slang and Hysteria as well.

---

Also, if you haven't seen it already (or heard it), here's the latest single from Gwen, "Luxurious". It's been out for awhile, but I don't expect it to do much chart-wise.

Essentially, Gwen decided to take a classic r&b track and completely revitalize it with completely new vocal melodies and hooks. It was never my favorite from the album, much less when I discovered they cut out verse 2 (my favorite verse from the song) out and put some rapper name "Slim Thug".

The theme of the video is "mi familia", and the reference to weed is bleeped out on the radio single. They should've went with Bubble Pop, or Serious. MUCH better tracks...and original!

Something tells me that someone figured since "Hollaback Girl" is sort of rappy, that this "Luxurious" would work as a single. I think they were wrong.

---

Well...I'm off to bed. I have to be up at 9:30 AM, and for a night owl like myself, that's TOO early.

Peace and love to all.
xoxoxoxo