Friday, December 16, 2005

Work, Revenge Of The Sith, and Gabby

I have a 3-11:30 PM shift today. On my way to work I'm picking up an application to a local drug store for a cashier position. A couple friends of mine work there, and I think they'd put in a good word for me. (Plus they are building on, and will probably need more employees.)

I havent decided if I'll try to juggle both jobs, or completely ditch the one I'm currently at. The fact is, I hate the uniforms and the fact that we have to wear hats!! I know it seems stupid, but me being able to style my hair and look nice (instead of dorky) would play a big part in me enjoying my j-o-b all that much more.

Another major plus is the fact that the drug store is WAY less busy. It's just the more relaxed environment in which I will be able to enjoy myself more rather than multi-task myself into absolute oblivion.

It also smells less. I mean, I'm getting to the point now that in my current job, if I smell it on my clothes I literally get ill. The smell of food, the greasy sweat, and the feeling of dirty money passing through my hands so much.

I haven't really thought this through completely, but that's the beauty of it. Typically, when I overthink something, it never happens. It never goes anywhere. So, that's why I'm gonna dive forward into this without giving a flying rats ass what happens.

The definite downside is that I've been with my current company for 3 years now, and from time to time, I might admit to enjoying the friendships we've developed. But give me a bad night, and that will all change. I make $7.70 an hour, and have the right to benefits. (Not that they do me any good, because I've never applied for them!)

The fact is, my life needs a big fat breath of fresh fucking air...and soon.

---

I've been attacking my a-topic dermatitus with Suave "Advanced Therapy" skin moisturizer, and some vaseline moisturizer. Surprisingly enough, the combination seems to have muffled the symptoms a bit.

Don't get me wrong...I still get itchy spells, and there is still some minor swelling...but at first glance the skin on my hands look normal.

I did some reading on dermatitus, and how it will make your flesh tougher in those areas with time, if untreated. That has already begun to happen. Overall, the skin on my hands feels a lot tougher, and less sensitive than it has in the past. Although if you were to feel my hands, the barrage of skin moisturizers has them feeling rather soft.

---

I've been playing a lot of "Revenge Of The Sith" for PS2 lately. I nearly have maxed out the skill ratings of both Anakin and Obi-Wan.

The challenge at hand now is getting a "Masterful" rating during my battle with General Grievous. In fact, I don't even think I have an "Impressive" rating with him yet.

To explain, every time you strike an opponent with a lightsaber, your "rating" goes up. The more you hit, the higher it goes. The name of the game is getting your rating up to Masterful before finnishing the opponent.

That said, each time your opponent gets a hit in, it knocks your rating down a bit.

Now, I'm not sure how familiar you all are with Star Wars, but General Grievous is an alien living in a droids body (created by Count Dooku). This gives him very droid like capabilities.

Firstly, for a limited time he can have FOUR arms, each armed with a lightsaber. On top of this, he can launch an attack that is little more than all four arms spinning swiftly around his body in an almost unblockable manner.

So...how did I even go about getting a "Good" rating on General Grievous? HEH! It wasn't easy!

The key I've found is getting close enough to him to have him launch a barrage of lightsaber swings, and then when he slows down, swiftly dart in (using force speed) and get some hits in. The TRICK is getting back out before he can open a can of whoop-ass on you.

Beating him is no issue. My skill levels in the game almost as high as they can be. It's killing him without him hitting you at all that is the challenge!

---

In other news my sister Gabby (ok...so she's a cat) had another siezure last night. She began walking, and suddenly would try to draw her leg up into herself. Her actions were scary, but she seems very calmed by me or my fathers presence, as she has gotten to where she flees to us during a spell.

Since I last mentioned her on my blog, Gabby has lost a significant amount of weight. Her nickname used to be "Piggy Woman", but I doubt that will be around for long. Her soft belly sags now, devoid of the fat she once had.

We've also noticed hair loss on her back "knee" region.

Despite this, she is amazingly active and friendly, even taking the time to crawl into a box of Krispy Kremes last night to get her sugar fix.

Peace and Love going out to all.
xoxoxoxo