Friday, March 31, 2006

"Bitch, you don't have a future."

That's what I felt like saying, as my store manager nitpicked me to death in front of two customers for saying "anything else for ya?" instead of the more robotic "will there be anything else?".

Take into consideration the fact that I've always gotten 100% on my customer shops, that my customers love me, and that I've never had points docked from my scoresheet for saying "anything else for ya?" in place of the "will there be anything else?".

"Will there be!" she snapped, as she organized the peanut butter easter eggs on the front of the counter.

I laughed, thinking how ridiculously nitpicky that was...it was surely a joke.

"Well Michael, you know it's supposed to be said. You shouldn't have to be told."

WHAT!?!?!?

At that instant my finger snapped out and pointed at her big shiny forhead.

"Don't you DARE even start with me today! I'm not in the mood!"

A lack of nicotine from my quitting smoking made me braver than I normally would've been.

"Excuse me?" she questioned my retort.

"So help me God, if you keep up this constant nitpicking today I'm out. I'm walkin' out the door, and you can do this yourself."

Customers knew I was in the right, and almost seemed to be cheering me on behind her back, with subtle grins.

Just then, she came around the counter and mumbled behind me "go ahead and walk".

The rest of the shift she left me alone. I completely ruined her day, she seemed to be genuinely upset. Never before had my words pierced her cold so well. So, I guess now it was time for her to play the victim.

She made conversation later, asking me how dad's disability hearing went. (It went well by the way, his lawyer says it's in our favor.)

I definitely feel Irish today. And I made it very fucking clear that I'm not going to put my tail between my legs when some bitch thinks she can be a smartass to me.

I'm sick of letting people talk to me like I'm a piece of shit! I'm gonna start knockin heads together.

Okay...off my soapbox, and off the the woods to look for turkey poop!

Love going out to all you guys today.
xxx

P.S. - I could use a cyberhug right about now. ;)