Friday, April 28, 2006

Today

It should be a good day.

flower

As per usual for this week, the sun is blazing high, and the air is crisp and fresh. I'm a little dissapointed with myself, because I really accomplished very little in the realm of artwork in my time off. Other than getting loads of reference material, doing a couple sketches, and doing some stupid quick cartoon doodles my time was wasted.

Then again, I don't really think absorbing our natural world is ever a waste of time. Only inspiring, and relaxing.

That aside, I think I'm just about ready to hop back into the dating circuit again, in hopes that I can find the missing piece of my heart. I've been talking to a handful of guys, all of which are appealing in their own way.

One such guy I met when I was with my "ex", hilariously enough! He's really nice, and is easy on the eyes as well. Back then, we didn't do much talking. He knew I was with my "ex", and therefor, other than what I THOUGHT to be some eye contact at the side of the dancefloor...gave little hint. It turns out I read into that eye contact perfectly. Ironically, he is the first of my ex's friends to approach us at the club, and somehow I made an impression, because he IMed me a few weeks ago.

And this a not-so-classic example of why your first impression should be your very best.