Friday, June 09, 2006

Day Off

To begin with, Def Leppard's YEAH! album has dropped from 16 to 42 on 'The Billboard 200' charts. Upcoming appearances on Regis and Kelly, and the awesome new video for "Rock On", have the potential to move it back up however.

I strongly fans to snoop around Vh1, get familiar with VSPOT (if you aren't already), because increasing the ratings of "Rock On" will help put the video on the television video countdown. I think it's safe that through this new management team, and new amazing look the boys have, VH1 has been even more of a friend than in the past.

I don't think the video is officially released until the 16th of June, but I intend on voting, and voting hard. I spend a lot of time watching videos on Vh1.com.

---

Life is damn good. I'm going to scan the new pen and ink drawing I did of the Eastern Blue Jay later and see what you guys think. I also have a winter scene, set in Wyoming that includes three Mule Deer. I'm feeling the pressure of deadlines, and if I'm to be honest...I kind of like it. Although I'm hard at it, I know the rewards are gonna be great.

Another hobby I'm going to be picking back up on is guitar. I need to get strings for my new electric, as well as my classical acoustic, and ALSO need to buy a power cord to plug from the guitar into the amp!

I've played guitar for the past few years actually. I think I was like 16 when I started, but for various reasons (including a worsened condition on my hands) I was unable to play. Now that my hands have been healed however, I can start doing that again, just as I have drawing!

---

In other news, I'm going to my cousins graduation party tonight. I can't believe the little bastard is graduating already. Would someone please tell me where in the hell time goes? If anyone finds it, please let me know!

I honestly don't want to go back in time though. I'm perfectly content with the lessons I've learned, the lessons I'm learning, and the time I already have under my belt. It's sort of a scenario of...no...I would NEVER want to be in High School again.

---

I've had a lot of time off recently, and I actually threw a hissy at work and my hours SHOULD be back to full time on the next schedule. I did this because the only real negativity I feel in my life right now is coming from the fact that I barely work, and I feel like a bum!

In any scenario, I'm using my off time wisely, soaking in all the details of the world around me, and literally getting back to the root of who I am. With that said, I'm loving every damn minute of it!