Wednesday, June 28, 2006

Pain in the Neck

At around 9:30 AM I awoke, shuffled over to the bathroom and took a leak. Not sure if I wanted to stay up or go back to bed, I opted for the latter and laid back down. I laid in bed for about an hour before I finally decided I needed to get up. So, I started sitting up, and my neck muscles tightened as your neck muscles always do when sitting up.

* POP *

I felt it and heard it in my neck, and responded with a prompt scream of instantaneous pain! Nobody heard me, but for 15 to 20 minutes I laid there unsure of what happened, but knowing damn sure that I couldn't stand the pain of moving my neck.

Finally, I collected the balls to pull myself out of bed, or rather...roll myself out of bed.

I didn't realize just how bad it was until I accidently looked to one side. The pain had me almost on my knees on more than one occassion, and had me in tears frequently yesterday.

I'm on 600 mg of Ibuprofen, and on my way to the doctors now. I can't take this pain.

See you all later...