Friday, June 23, 2006

Pissing On My Campfire

Well, it's raining.

MVC-001F

Ivy

I had planned on going out today and showing you some of the newer flowers around the yard, but because of the rain, my photographic journey was limited to the porch, where I snapped a few shots of my neighbors flowers, as well as some of ours.


Petunias

Rose Bush

Mom's rose bush is drooping over with heavy blossoms and drenched in rain. It seems the blooms are starting to go the other way, as they no longer look fresh and young.

Dad planted some honeysuckle along the archway that you see in the background, but it hasn't really taken to it yet.

Off to the left of the porch, I took a picture of my neighbors front garden.

Assorted Flora

I'm going to do a few ink drawings of some of my favorite flowers to include in my art show. It'll be something nice, but also fast and easy!

---

Today, I'm going to a party, with a fire and everything! It's not a gay party...or a party that's going to be full of young people, but rather, a party of close friends, and family of close friends. It's sort of one of those parties where the age groups vary from 10 to 70.

Yum!

Hehe...in any case, there will be plenty of drinking by some of us and fun going on around the fire, so I'm really looking forward to that. I need to enjoy these next two days, because after this, it's going to be a comparitively long workweek.

I've dove right back into full-time with 39 hours this week, and 36 next. Take into consideration the fact that I've been getting only 26 hours a week, and you can imagine that I'm going to feel a major change in pace. Hahahaha!

So anyway, last night Wendy and I decided to make some jello-shots, or in our case, "gela shots". Heh.



We used "Absolut" vodka.

Regardless, Wendy ended up messing it all up by mismeasuring water. Thus concluding, we ended up having to mix TWO flavors of gelatin (orange, and strawberry banana) into one combined concoction so that it would set nicely.

MVC-004F

Believe it or not, the mixture of those flavors actually sort of tastes good!

With that said, I'm hoping the rain subsides soon. The party doesn't start till this evening, but I'd hate to have to do it indoors! That would just plain suck with all those people.

I work three brief hours, and then it's off to the party.

Stay tuned for pictures!