Tuesday, July 18, 2006

Artsy Fartsy

Well, progress is evident as we (mom and I) managed to utilize our own crafty talents to mat the artwork ourselves. (There are still two or three that need finnished before matting, but they're almost done.) As it turns out the lady who was going to 'cut me a deal', and do the matting and framing of my artwork for the show has a now disconnected number. After an hour of searching around for her, and the harsh realization that Ben Franklin was not only expensive but had a 2 month waiting list, it didn't take long to absorb how simply SCREWED we were!

Luckily, the whole matting process has been painless, and the drawings look sharp as hell now. That simple fact aside, I also learned that people who mat artwork overcharge! For God's sake, it isn't that difficult! Just think of the money I saved by doing it myself!

The past week or two have really been a testament on how WELL I work when I'm scared shitless. I now find myself almost finnished completely 6 days before I have to be. (Which is great.)

Some of the artwork I've done in the past couple weeks are some of my favorites.

I think where the deadline really helps me accomplish things is in the fact that I'm so freaking indecisive about everything. Deadline forces me to settle, and make choices, and while I notice flaws in various pieces, I'm sure the common person will likely overlook it. Afterall, an artist is his worst critic!

So yeah, things are coming along nicely. I can feel the stress leaving my body.

Ahh...I'm so excited! I can't wait to show you guys the finnished products! I'll probably do that tomorrow or the next day. We'll see!

Well...I wanted to write about my recent nature outing, but I have to go get ready for work now, so it'll have to wait until afterwards. I work a short shift tonight, so stay tuned.

Peace, love, and hugs to all.
xoxoxo