Friday, July 14, 2006

Whistle while you work...

Tomorrow morning I should be wrapping up a drawing of common Pennsylvania mushrooms, featuring five different species of which I photographed myself back in June.

Needless to say, I've been hard at it, and honestly there's a hell of a lot more work lying ahead of me than I, the king of procrastination, care to admit! However, after shuffling through my portfolio, I was pleased to stumble upon some recent works that were unfinnished, or just sketched ideas that I never really used yet. Never throw away an idea I guess!

So with that said, I'm greatly enjoying the whole process, although the deadline is causing some major stress issues. Oddly enough, it's kind of a thrill, being so busy and having all these plans! All this in addition to a hellacious work schedule at my j-o-b.

I was invited to dinner with a gay friend of mine, but it's probably going to have to wait. I have all these big plans of "getting out" and such, but career comes first. It's going to literally be one thing after the next this week.

I told you all July would be the month of HARD WORK, and I meant every word of it. The fact is, I know damn well what I'm capable of doing, and that this is all going to pay off big in the end!

I'll make a point to show you guys some more of what I'll have in the artshow later on.

Peace, love, and an ink-covered high five goin' out to all.
xoxoxo