Friday, September 29, 2006

A Walk Behind the House

MVC-003F

You're looking at a view from a cliff just behind my house. There is a small strip of woodlands behind my house just large enough to house deer, turkey, and an abundance of wildlife. It twists through the semi-rural section of town, and twists around until it finally connects with a true rural area. The woodlands act as a funnel, bringing wildlife into the center of our town, offering them a secure place to live and travel. This rocky cliff (full of jurassic oceanic fossils) juts out of the side of the woody ridge, and acts as a rather ubrupt ending to the strip of forest. You can hear the hustle and bustle of our tiny town on either side, and on this particular day I could hear the band playing a quarter mile away at the football field, and horns honking on the total opposite side.

I took a walk up there the other day, giving thought to my life and where exactly I am right now. It was a quiet moment, something I haven't had for a couple weeks. I flipped open a pack of Marlboro menthol lights, and puffed away in the crisp autumn air as I took in the view of our town; population just under 6,000. Smoking is bad for you...and I know this. That said, I buy "stress packs" on occassion, and I've really got a full plate -- so I've needed it.

I spent my first day alone as a supervisor the other day and wouldn't you know it, the car wash broke and a truck was stolen from our parking lot. Police, corperate office, secret passwords, faxing, all during lunch rush!

Things are going good with Coffee Guru too. I hope he thinks the same, but I'm not good at reading how he feels. There are moments when I'm sure he's totally into me, and there are moments when I feel like I'm so inexperienced. I miss him, he's on a business trip. For now we're seeing each other sporadically, but it's going to be a hell of a lot easier when I get my car at the end of November. A lot of questions are running through my mind though, which is a natural occurance I guess. I love cuddling up to him and making last minute decisions to hang out when we both have the time.

Oh yeah...and my mom has a NEW job. She was working at Ponderosa for a couple weeks, but she's done there already, and she's working for a health spa/wellness center who not only pay her more, but also want to interview me and see my artwork. Why? Because they need a wildlife illustrator with a knack for pen and ink to illustrate their next book. Also, when I have some time I'm going to get copies made of my artwork and send them in to those magazines I was talking about.

Life is busy right now, but it has a lot of potential. Forgive me if I'm not blogging enough...I'm just spreading myself VERY thin at the moment. It'll be worth it.

Peace, love, and hugs.