Tuesday, October 03, 2006

In Need: Tougher Skin

Having survived the aftermath of last night (and walking the 15 minute walk home @ 3 AM) I came to conclude that I completely blew the entire situation out of proportion. I slept 10 hours last night, into this afternoon. It was like stress had completely thrown me into hibernation mode! When I finally rose this afternoon, I called the boss.

"It wasn't that bad Michael."

Turns out I did pretty well, checkout was sent home with my only error being with the lottery totals. (A simple handwritten mistake that was computed correctly in the computer.)

The boss was fine, she had no urges to kill me, but I really do need to calm down. How does one calm one's self down? I mean...it seems I'm naturally on edge at all times lately. I need tougher skin if I'm going to be in management.

Perhaps I just need a vacation. We'll see.

Love, hugs, and happiness to all.
xxx

P.S. - I might be getting a cell phone this week!