Wednesday, December 21, 2005

Joy To The World

I've been doing the online equivelant of "window shopping" for cellular plans and phones. I've opted to go with Cingular Nation 450 w/rollover after Christmas, along with a nifty 99 dollar phone which will be free if I make my purchase online. I was impressed the the deals and rebates Cingular offers on their phones.

Unfortunately, there is some joyous bullshit to take care of first. My credit report is showing a negative mark that shouldn't be there, as it isn't mine.

Moral of the story: check your credit, and make sure that it's actually yours.

---

I've been cranking Def Leppard a lot lately, proving that all I needed as a die-hard fan was a little bit of ACTION (no pun intended) to re-spark the interest I had in the band.

In fact, I've rediscovered one of my top 5 favorite Def Leppard tracks of all time (and quite possibly the most underrated Def Leppard song of all time): "DON'T SHOOT SHOTGUN".

"Don't Shoot Shotgun" is probably the most overlooked of the songs from the 12 + million selling "HYSTERIA" album in 1987. (Isn't that album now at like 18 million copies sold?)

Whatever the case, "Don't Shoot Shotgun" was my favorite track when I bought "Hysteria" in 2001. (13 years after it was released) It had the whiney accent that is often attributed to Leppard's trademark sound, and amazing guitars, drums, and vocals. I get goosebumps every time I hear it because to me, it's one of their ultimate tracks.

In any case, I need to rebuy this album and a few others (Retro Active!), as they skip so bad. But in going back and shuffling through my mammoth Def Leppard discography, I've also uncovered a few gems that I haven't listened to in probably a year or more.

And so, my Def Leppard "favorites" list has changed a bit, and may seem a bit out of the ordinary to average every day people. (As if my obsession with this band isn't weird enough.)

Michael's Top 6 Leppard Tracks

should've been singles in the USA:

  1. Don't Shoot Shotgun
  2. Die Hard The Hunter
  3. Stagefright
  4. Comin' Under Fire
  5. Paper Sun
  6. Fractured Love

favorite singles released in the USA:

  1. Armageddon It
  2. Rocket
  3. Promises
  4. Slang
  5. Rock Of Ages
  6. Photograph

top 3 cover songs done by Def Leppard:

  1. Rock On
  2. Golden Age Of Rock'n'Roll
  3. No Matter What * (current single)

Top 5 favorite Leppard albums

  1. Pyromania
  2. Retro Active
  3. Hysteria
  4. Slang
  5. X

Here's looking forward to more albums, more tours, and more Def Leppard memories made in 2006. With their appearances on VH1, Jimmy Kimmel, and Spike TV, hopefully good things will come for the band in the year ahead.

Def Leppard

Hopefully I can FINALLY get my Slang LP signed by all the band members. That is my goal!

So, if you're reading this entry and interested in getting the very definitive tracks of Def Leppard to upload to your iPod (including the new single NO MATTER WHAT), swing by your local CD shop and pick up the new two disc greatest hits album.

DL Rock Of Ages

You won't be sorry.

Peace and love to all.
xoxoxoxo