Sunday, October 29, 2006

Revelations

I would rather live my life poor, and happy, than have a big bank account and no life at all.

Some people are trapped in a box. Financial strain, bills, and the need to be better than everyone else, and to wear the best clothes and own the latest in technology has them by the proverbial balls. They have no time for anything but work. Hardened by the harsh realities of life, they become increasingly jealous of those who have some freedom, and who are passionately pursuing things that perhaps they themselves did not have the balls to go after. Our dreams.

Admittingly, it would be quite nice to be able to spend $1,000 on your siblings for Christmas! But me? I'd much rather make something from the heart. Something that means something, that takes time, effort, thought, and love. And see...it all works out in the end. Because I don't HAVE to buy anyone nice things to show I care. I do it verbally, because I take the TIME and make the physical effort to show them how just how much I care, rather than wrapping myself up in a corperate job and making up lost time that should've been spent with THEM later with big expensive gifts that will deteriorate in time.

So here here, Michael is starting a clean slate. I am calling the shots in my life, and from now on, I won't settle for anything less than I deserve. A ship will only raise when it is surrounded by rising water. Time to start surrounding myself with rising waters, instead of the people who seem to want to drag me down and belittle me into thinking I need to be a different person than I am.

Good times.

Love, hugs, and happiness to all.
xxx