Saturday, January 06, 2007

"Fowl" Weather

You know, I'm really fed up! I want winter to get here! Here it is January and not so much as a flake of snow is on the damn ground! It's rained plenty...but it's only been cold enough to put a thin clear sheet of ice on the very edges of Reservoir Pond. This morning there was none because it was too warm. The wind is blowing violently as if old man winter is clawing and fighting with autumn for the thrown. Truth be told, I kind of hope he wins. I want some snow dammit!

That said, I opted to visit Reservoir Pond to say hello to some old friends.

MVC-002F

The sun was squinty-eyed bright, as seen by the self portrait below.

MVC-010F

Canada Geese:

MVC-004F

MVC-007F

I was pleased to see three of the ducks that I feed were still very much alive. King Quackers was looking especially ambitious.

MVC-003F

MVC-013F

A pair of wild mallards intermingled with the domestic breeds making quick work of pieces of cracked corn and anything edible on the bottom of the pond edge.

MVC-012F

Other shots:

MVC-016F

MVC-014F

MVC-005F

MVC-006F

MVC-001F

MVC-004F